Sunday 20 November 2011

What A Night!

Hey guys,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.  My weekend has been amazing so far! As you know, yesterday evening was the concert at Fiedler's Piano House.  It was actually a piano concert with a few chamber groups.  The performers were children from the age of 10 to 18 years, and some of them are prodigies; like this 13 year old boy who played Chopin's third Ballade.  We got to play on a beautiful Bosendorfer and I thoroughly enjoyed the concert.

Our performance was not bad.. it could have been better.. but it also could have been worse haha so I'm not complaining :).  I played with flutist Magie (17) and Kathrin (20).  Magie's father was kind enough to record our performance.  Here it is!



From left : Magie, myself and Kathrin

Again, with Heidi (Instructor)
The Programme

Again

We had our sound check a few hours before the concert and in between that I was fooling around on the piano playing some random jazz.  The owner heard me playing and asked me if I could play during the reception after the concert..and of course I said yes haha!  After the concert was done, the piano was moved to the center of the room. When the reception began, I started playing some jazz.  Before I knew it, there was a crowd forming around me.. some people even taking seats; it became another concert haha.  I used this opportunity to practice performing the pieces (Bach English Suite no. 2 and Brahms op. 118) that I will be playing for my recital in about 2 weeks.  After a few jazz standards, I played the Bach and then the Brahms..even got an applause after the performance :) After that I went back to jazz.  Some of the audience came to speak with me, gave me some very encouraging words, and thanked me for the performance.  It felt amazing because as musicians, I believe that we need as much encouragement as possible.  After I finished playing, I spoke with some of the performers who are also students at KUG.  At the end of the evening, the owner of the piano store invited me to come to the store at my convenience so that he could show me around! Unfortunately I was not able to take any pictures of this event because I was at the piano haha, but it was a truly amazing night.

That's all for now.I just got back from Church and feel lazy haha .. Then I have to cook dinner.. cooking for 6-7 people tonight!  As always, thank you for reading! God bless!

Cheers,

Kofi

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Glad to hear that you're getting the reception you truly deserve. Keep it up ~ stay baller as always!

    ReplyDelete